[chuck-users] interval keyboard

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:46:41 EDT 2011

Hello ChucKers,

I wanted to emulate something I saw on youtube once (sorry, I've lost
the link), an interval keyboard where keys on the right hand play
notes increasing by various intervals and keys on the left hand play
notes decreasing by various intervals.  I haven't any music theory and
the wikipedia pages for muscial intervals are over my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interval_(music)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_intervals

My question is this, what should the method on Interval be called that
"inverts" it (from low-to-high pitch to high-to-low pitch)?

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/f49ddd8285ee412f9b6c05c2ef5ba6c6cdb54328/Interval.ck#L36

I have learned that is not the same as an inversion, which does
something else to ratios

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/f49ddd8285ee412f9b6c05c2ef5ba6c6cdb54328/Interval.ck#L47

The example is here if you want to give it a try

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/f49ddd8285ee412f9b6c05c2ef5ba6c6cdb54328/examples/intervalKeyboard.ck

Cheers,

   michael