[chuck-users] interval keyboard

Robert Poor rdpoor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 00:14:49 EDT 2011

Hi Michael:

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 20:46, Michael Heuer <heuermh at gmail.com> wrote:
> My question is this, what should the method on Interval be called that
> "inverts" it (from low-to-high pitch to high-to-low pitch)?

In music theory, one talks about an "ascending" interval (i.e. C' to
D' is an ascending major second) or "descending" interval (D' to C' is
a descending major second).  I can't think of a term of practice that
turns an ascending interval into a descending interval, but maybe
'ascending' and 'descending' are enough to get you going?

- Rob

More information about the chuck-users mailing list