[chuck-users] How To convert integer number to float number on max msp

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:50:49 EDT 2011

Hey Tony,

 I have simple solution for that  just add float number 0.0 to variable int
> number.

 That will also work, as will multiplying by 1.0. I do feel that casting
makes the intention more clear, which should improve code readability, but
that might be a matter of taste and style.

BTW, I feel that something called "floatout()" can be assumed to take a
float and that as casting from int to float -where needed- is automatic in
ChucK you should not need to do any of this here. If that doesn't work
(again I don't have Max) then I'd call that a minor bug or at least a
inconsistency. If I were you I'd look into whether you really need to do any
of this and if so report it to chuck~'s maintainer as a suggestion.