[chuck-users] Beginner question about audio artifacts

Chris Wicks crwicks at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 16:43:19 EDT 2012

Hello!  I'm relatively new to programming and to ChucK in particular.  I have an issue in which, whenever a new shred is introduced to the virtual machine (chuck --loop running in a terminal....also happens on miniAudicle) I get significant artifacts. I've tried using the command line option for increasing buffer size to no avail.  I'm running ChucK on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  Audio drivers are Realtek (may not be the latest version).  I get the same issue on mu laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  Do I need to bite the bullet and shell out for a dedicated sound card?  Could it potentially be a driver issue?  I'm at a bit of a loss.  Thanks for any help!