[chuck-users] ChucK w/Lion and many audio devices, was: SUCCESS! Re: Most recent Chuck for Lion?

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:00:27 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 05:19:03PM -0400, mike clemow wrote:
> Wow, Spencer!  This stuff is really, really cool!  Very ChucKian also, of
> course.  Thank you for sharing.

I concur. I knew, but it was hush-hush. Personally I respect the
choices made but I'm happen it's  Open now.

IMHO ChuGins are a great thing, offering a new coherent way for users
of ChucK to share with each other and colaborate. The price is a bit
of C++ but not so much and a knowledge of ChucK syntax combined with
some tactical copy - pasting will get you 90% there.

So; making these is a realistic option for the daring, using them
should be as easy as using the standard UGens. It is my hope that
we'll together find a way of distributing these and -perhaps most
importantly- documenting them.

As I see it it is really a very nice design with high potential to
grow into a great colaborative phenomenon, for providing a context to
conduct and present research in and for enjoying some new sounds.
Hopefully at the same time :-).