[chuck-users] using miniAudicle UI with another text editor

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:50:56 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 03:46:46PM +0100, henrique matias wrote:
> Is there a way of "sending chuck code" to miniAudicle, therefore being
> able to use the GUI system ?

I don't think so. It's a nice idea though. I do think the mini should
be able to accept code from other clients to the VM, like ChucK itself
does. As that code will then become one or more running shreds, we
could imagine the Mini being able to request the code that generated a
given shred by selecting this shred from the list of shreds. That
might make sense, also if you close the wrong buffer by accident.

> I really like miniAudicle but i miss many "text-editor" features, like
> un/tabbing block of code, fast lauching / browsing files, etcs..

I think most people agree there, though I'd hope we could get such
things without it all becoming intimidating; for all its faults I
think the non-intimidating look of the Mini is a big strength.

Word on the street has is that Spencer is working on a new edition. I
hope it'll be like Vim for My little Pony's.