[chuck-users] chuck vs supercollider?

Atte André Jensen atte at email.dk
Sun Aug 12 04:28:14 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-12 01:25, ronni montoya wrote:
> Hi, Is this way of making sounds very expensive in cpu terms? :O

Hi. Let me warn you up-front: chuck is a very expensive language. I was
forced to come up with another way of generating sound, but I should
mention that my setup was quite elaborate.

I seem to remember Ge saying something like "first we make it work,
*then* we make it fast", however development of chuck stopped before the
last part was started :-(

I did some non-scientific profiling on various chuck ugens, which could
give you an idea about which ugens are the most expensive:

http://atte.dk/chuck/

Don't get me wrong, I love chuck for what it is!

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk