[chuck-users] 1.3.1 not happy with my jack (64-bit)

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 16:37:43 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 01:30:37PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 09/10/2012 06:13 AM, Kassen wrote:
> >Now we just need to hope that call is available in the same form for
> >all editions of Jack ;-)
>
> All jacks are api compatible AFAIK... if not it is a bug...

If I remember right there are at least differences in the name of the
system/soundcard's outputs, which will affected making scripted or
automatic connections to those. Not the end of the world, but it is a
difference.

> I agree that chuck should complain at least, and not fail silently.
> It might depend on how rt-audio handles this (maybe there is an
> error return being ignored?)

Yes. No silent failing and I also think that there is no need to
bother the user with typing in numbers that ChucK could find on its
own at least as well.

Keeping the "-sr" parameter a option could still be nice, for example
if we'd like to set the samplerate because we want to be sure that the
system is set up like we want our synth to be.