[chuck-users] chuck 1.3.1 on Windows 32-bit - possible OSC issue

Kassen signal.automatique at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:09:56 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 09:45:24AM +0100, Simon Steptoe wrote:
> My machine is Windows 7, 32-bit... to be fair it is a bit on the old side
> (Pentium 4)... but it's coped fine with previous versions of Chuck and
> miniAudicle.... and I can't replicate the issue with Chuck 1.3.0.2.

That shouldn't be a issue, the differences in instruction set between
the P4 and later intels shouldn't be relevant and we don't use
multi-threading anyway. Of course a OS with a more elaborate interface
-like Win7- might be taking some CPU, but that would mean audio
glitches when it gets too bad, not stuff failing to work.

It's a ChucK issue, perhaps a Windows one, not a issue with you
sticking to a perfectly fine computer (I am too :-) )