[chuck-users] some bugs on windows ChucK

Graham Coleman ravelite at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 09:57:53 EDT 2012

Greetings,

First, congratulations to chuck team and all responsible for the recent
releases.

I found a few bugs, these were tested in the latest ChucK and miniAudicle
builds (win32) on 64-bit Windows 7 machines.

1. Machine.add doesn't seem to support drive specifications in paths. (
test1.ck)

<<< Machine.add( "C:/Users/Public/test2.ck" ) >>>; //doesn't work

<<< Machine.add( "/Users/Public/test2.ck" ) >>>; //works

2. A crashing bug when dealing with string non-literals. (test6.ck)

I was unable to reproduce it outside of an OSC context, I don't know if it
affects non-Windows systems.

Basically, I was capturing string arguments from received OSC messages, and
I found that one usage worked fine:

<<< tsEvent.getString() >>>; //this should work

but that trying to store it into a string object was crashing:

tsEvent.getString() => string str2; //this should crash
        <<< str2 >>>;

regards,

Graham