[chuck-users] dumb python question...

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Sep 12 03:23:02 EDT 2012

Hi!

> Okay, I can easily get python to start a chuck shred...
>
> My question: What's the easiest way to let it feed that shred notes? --
> rather than the burn-the-house-down kludge of killing the old shred,
> starting a new one with new command-line?

Probably something with OpenSoundControl (OSC).  Both ChucK and python
support it.  There are some ChucK examples here:

     http://chuck.stanford.edu/doc/examples/osc/s.ck
     http://chuck.stanford.edu/doc/examples/osc/r.ck

(we are looking into some potential weirdness with ChucK's OSC since
1.3.0.0 - it might be good to see the above examples work first, and
let us know if you encounter any issues).

I hope this helps!

Ge!