[chuck-users] Begin the beguine

forrest curo treegestalt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 10:23:40 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Alberto Alassio
<alberto.alassio at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys this is my first thread because I've download Chuck just yesterday
> night and I'm trying to make something with this today (yes we can!).
> Really nice world!  I read something from the manual ( the beginning
> tutorial) and also downloaded chuck pages where objects and other things
> about language are written. The question is : how can I understand every
> single line of Chuck? And I'm gonna make an example: foo.ck example. I
> was looking at this and also to other ones to understand how they work
> but... I saw that there are objects that are explained in Chuck homepage
> (sinOsc, delayD, etc) but where can I find informations about Std? Hi?How
> can I understand what does Hi.cap mean?  These are just examples, is there
> a place where every command is explained? Or maybe (and probably) it's just
> me not so good searcher?
>
> Thank you everybody

Wow, it's nice to have one that I can handle. Std is not about unsanitary
fun; it's standard functions you can read about in chapter 18 of the
manual<http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/release/files/chuck_manual.pdf>.

I can't tell which "foo.ck" you're pointing to; I assume it's one of those
in the tutorial but if you want to ask about it, it'll work better to copy
the puzzling lines into the message[?]

Forrest Curo
San Diego