[chuck-users] spork~ and multiple cpus

vilbjørg broch vilbjorg at antidelusionmechanism.org
Tue Dec 16 04:40:08 EST 2014

Hi Spencer
Thanks a lot for the answer. It is very clear. You could almost insert it in the documentation, I was looking for this for a while, maybe more people would too. The hint about running several instances of chuck is a good one, for some reason I did not think about it and for some stuff for sure useful. (just chuck from different commandline taps)
-- Yes by closer thought one can imagine that the calculations in chuck must be kept tight together,, very different than for instance generating images with 'Processing'

Chuck is fabulous and the first place to try out new ideas for algorithms at sample accuracy.   This week I was looking at waveforms generated from quaternions rotating around each other. One need at least 4 quaternions to move beyond periodicity, but this is actually not doable on a high-end PC at audio sample rate. Too many multiplications. Got to go back to the 70ties style and generate a dataset over night I guess.

greetings