[chuck-users] Listener

Michael Heuer heuermh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:38:46 EST 2014

Hello Rich,

That is great feedback.  Most Processing libraries I use for
communication with ChucK (p5osc, rwmidi, Midibus) also work outside of
Processing

http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/oscP5/
https://github.com/wesen/rwmidi
http://smallbutdigital.com/themidibus.php

so the UI could be written in java with either AWT or Swing controls,
both of which have strong accessibility support (although I have not
needed to depend on it).

Personally I don't like using a mouse or touchscreen; I was drawn to
ChucK in the first place because I could do everything from an editor
and the command line.  And then building your own hardware with real
sliders and buttons and knobs is not very difficult or expensive any
more.  For example, this costs less than $20

A Very Simple DIY USB MIDI Controller
http://little-scale.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-very-simple-diy-usb-midi-controller.html

   michael