[chuck-users] chuck-users Digest, Vol 138, Issue 8

Stuart McDonald stuartcmcd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 03:46:35 EST 2017

HI Mark,

Ok, some news from the front: I've got what I want going on a pi with
alsa's snd-aloop module (see
https://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-aloop). This
sets up an input device which loops back to an output device. So I
used chuck --probe to get the corresponding dac number for the input,
sent chuck into that by specifying --dac, and then set up darkice to
listen to the output device.

>From there the data gets sent to icecast on the same pi. The whole
system seems to run stably and generate audio constantly (I've got a
shell script restarting the chuck process after it finishes (c. half
an hour for each go).

Since I now have an rpi with a bunch of cobbled together configuration
I'd like to formalise it and make it repeatable, so I'll be looking at
your and mheuer's docker work :)

Thanks,

Stuart

<snip>