[chuck-users] Mojave/Catalina mic access issues

Ge Wang ge at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 26 01:12:18 EST 2019

Hi David!

> In OSX 10.14 and 10.15 the System Preference => Privacy settings now
> have a feature to control third-party access to the mic and camera. The
> problem my students are encountering is that miniAudicle doesn't show up
> as an identified app on the list,  so they can't click the box to allow
> access, and thus they can't use adc in ChucK.

Hmm.  On Mojave I see miniAudicle on the System Preferences => Privacy
settings under "Microphone".  I don't remember if I did anything to
grant access, but it does appear for me.  Can someone shed some light on
this issue?

> Is there either:
>     a) a ChucK workaround?

There will be some audio device-related fixes in the next release, but
likely unrelated to this.

> OR
>     b) a system file or something to which miniAudicle can be manually
> added as a recognized app that uses the microphone?

Good question.  Will look into it.

Ge!

~~~
Ge Wang
Associate Professor
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Department of Music (also Computer Science, by Courtesy)
Stanford University
https://www.gewang.com/
~
Co-founder, Smule
~
Artful Design: Technology in Search of the Sublime!
-- what we make, makes us --
https://artful.design/
~~~