[chuck-users] looking for interview participant(s) for PhD thesis - questions on extending ChucK

Andrew Telichan Phillips a.telichanphillips at gmail.com
Sat May 9 09:53:03 EDT 2020

Hello all - I am writing my phd thesis (at NYU) on a comparative study of
musical programming languages and the social structures that surround them.
I am particularly interested right now in user community development.

I am looking to interview someone who has experience making contributions
to ChucK through writing and contributing classes, ugens or extensions of
library functions.

If you are interested, I’d like to hear about your experience in terms of
the step-by-step process, from programming, test case reviewing, squashing
(if that term applies), communications, etc. It would be preferred if
you’ve gone through this process with ChucK start to front.

We can do the interview one-on-one remotely (around 30-40 minutes); email
communications would be fine, too, if more comfortable. I will ask you to
sign a consent form where you can specify if you would like to be
identified in the context of the thesis or in further publications.

Please let me know, and feel free to reach out: amp515 at nyu.edu