[chuck-users] Which is the difference?

Curtis Ullerich curtullerich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:18:16 EDT 2021

When the chuck operator (=>) is used with UGens like `foo => bar`, it pipes
the audio signal from foo into bar. Some UGens accept input (like dac,
although dac is maybe more properly an audio sink than a UGen), some
produce output (like SinOsc), and some do both (like Gain). I believe
oscillators like SinOsc do not accept input, so `SinOsc foo => SinOsc bar`
wouldn't make sense. This program produces no audio, for example, at least
AFAICT:
SinOsc s => SinOsc t => dac;
400 => s.freq;
600 => t.freq;
1::day => now;

Your first example creates two sine oscillators and sends their output to
the dac to play. You'll need to set a frequency for the oscillators and
advance time to hear anything, of course:
SinOsc s => dac;
SinOsc t => dac;
400 => s.freq;
600 => t.freq;