[chuck-users] Which is the difference?

Dana Batali dana.batali at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:30:19 EDT 2021

Minor correction:  running a SinOsc as input to another SinOsc is a method
for achieving frequency modulation.  There are several examples in the
chuck distro.  To do FM, iirc, there is a special "sync" parameter that
when set to 2 triggers this behavior.

Here is the source for basic/fm2.ck

// basic FM synthesis using SinOsc (2 => .sync; also see fm3.ck)

// modulator to carrier
SinOsc m => SinOsc c => dac;

// carrier frequency
440 => c.freq;
// modulator frequency
110 => m.freq;
// index of modulation
300 => m.gain;

// phase modulation is FM synthesis (sync is 2)
2 => c.sync;

// time-loop
while( true ) 1::second => now;