[chuck-users] preview chuck-1.5.0.0; ChucK Community Discord server!

d dchuck at yurfish.com
Thu May 4 13:12:25 EDT 2023

Hi

RC2 is  working now.

I did get one warning:
ugen_stk.cpp: In member function ‘void WvIn::init()’:
ugen_stk.cpp:17907:20: warning: converting to non-pointer type ‘long int’ from NULL [-Wconversion-null]
17907 |     chunkPointer = NULL;
      |                    ^~~~

All the examples I tried worked.

Im going to try and build the fluidsynth ugen today

As an aside:

Id like to write to write a  higher order kind of
sequencer, midi sequences as cadences that can be
conducted , rearranged etc in real time.
(I usually compose/arrange  in lilyond)

Chuck seems like a good approach especially
with the new AI stuff.

And I could have players that introduce different
characteristics. modifying velocty, vibrato etc
from cues in real time

In performance the sequencer could be
stopped, seek to a particular measure,
and after  a fermata continue on a signal.

Im doing some of that with the Java
sequencer lib. But its got some
jitter and drops events.

I looked at the chuck source for reading
midifiles. I am not much of a C programmer,
but it appears there are functions to deliver
raw midi events etc. But I cant work out
what object they  belongs to.

thanks