[chuck] Classic scales and note frequencies

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Sun Oct 24 15:46:46 EDT 2004

> Just as a little benefit to everyone out there (and mainly because I
> myself grew annoyed), I looked up the frequencies for a welltempered
> scale, hacked out the ChucK commands assigning those frequencies to
> names
> I could cope with, looked up a list of MANY canonical scales, hacked
> that
> to a format I liked, and produced a small example ChucK script that
> will
> play a mandolin tune in any "cultural" melodic context you want. =)

Mand-o-licious.  (Thank you!)

> By the way. I WANT arrays. This'd be SO much easier with arrays!

Yes, you are totally right.  Sorry for delay.  They are being
implemented,
along with a good amount of other things.  After ICMC (early November),
we go back in full implementation mode - finishing arrays will be first
priority.

Best,
Ge!