[chuck] fader, or better yet a 3D spatialization generator

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Thu Feb 17 22:09:33 EST 2005

Michael Heuer wrote:

>A feature request, might it be possible to add a simple fader (l/r
>channel) to ChucK?  Or what would be really useful would be a 3D
>spatialization generator, something like
>

>>http://www.spinaudio.com/products.php?id=18
>>

>but I haven't been able to locate an open source implementation yet.

Is there a well-defined DSP algorithm for this? I know CSound, for
example, has code for the "head response transfer function". This
computes what you need to put in the left headphone and the right
headphone to simulate localization. If that's what you're looking for, I
think it's "just a convolution" :). Can Chuck do convolutions?