[chuck] Serial or USB access?

Magnus Danielson cfmd at bredband.net
Mon Jan 17 19:03:24 EST 2005

From: "Lance Boyle" <lanceboyle at cwazy.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [chuck] Serial or USB access?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:20:53 -0700

Hi Jerry,

> I almost forgot--I'm going to need FIR filters. I see a general
> rational filter that will work, but I wonder about efficiency. I hope
> to run 15 256-tap FIRs on a 500 MHz G4 Mac. Of course there are FFT
> libraries around (FFTW, Apple's DSP library, etc.) but I wonder how
> hard it is to incorporate into ChucK. I apologize if this is covered in
> the docs, but I didn't see anything about adding external routines.

This made me thinking. Brutefir seems like a good thing to build on:
http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html
Uses FFTW.

However, hacking LADSPA support into Chuck should be a good thing, since there
is already bunches of packages available there. Having ALSA/JACK support it
shouldn't be such a challenge.

Cheers,
Magnus