[chuck] Bus Error - Trying to run ChucK for the first time

jimmak cataract jimmakcat at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 23 21:19:56 EST 2005

Hello Ge, Gary, Magnus, everyone!

I recompiled the source (make osx), and I get audio now, atleast (running
CoreAudio). But I still get these error messages on the console:

JAR: Initialize [inSelf, name] : 5332272 chuck
JAR: kAudioHardwarePropertyProcessIsMaster err theSize 0 4
JAR: kAudioHardwarePropertyProcessIsMaster err outData 0 0
cannot connect to jack server
cannot connect to default JACK server
JAR: jack server not running?

      (**outputs to here, then audio starts)

^C[chuck]: cleaning up...

      (**stop audio, console prints the following)

JAR: Teardown [inSelf, name] : 5332272 chuck
JAR: Teardown : AudioHardwareStreamsDied
JAR: error code : kAudioHardwareNoError
JAR: Teardown : no connection to HAL

Is this normal?
Anyway, I get audio now, so I can have some fun :)

Thanks again for your help,
Stuart.