[chuck] Chuck 1.2 - any date yet?

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 14:30:39 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 13:51 -0400, Ge Wang wrote:
> [...]
> However, I think it's hard to set a release date, since our earlier
> attempts obviously weren't met.  So we will keep going as fast as
> we can until the last features/bugs are dealt with.  We are close.

Maybe you should just remove the announcement for may/2005 on the site,
that's confusing. Still, "It's ready when it's done" - I like the Debian
way :) Only it would be great to have CVS read access for the
adventurous who wanna try out the bleeding edge - i just saw on
sourceforge the CVS is empty.

BTW, do you plan to create a Debian package for chuck?
I'd be interested in helping with that. Actually, I didn't use chuck for
a while but have some deb's lying around somewhere for personal use,
which I'd just need to polish up a bit, so others can use it, too, and I
would even like to try to get them into the Debian distribution. I am
already somewhat familiar with the Debian development model and could
apply as a maintainer for chuck in Debian.

Henning