[chuck] New guy, and questions

Ge Wang gewang at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Mar 23 00:37:19 EST 2005

>> zerox might not help you in this case, since the signal doesn't
>> actually
>> cross zero.
>
> ?
> So what values does a sine wave move between? 0 and 1? Rather than -1
> and 1?

The sine wave has a range of [-1 1].  I just meant sin^2 would touch and
not cross zero, which zerox doesn't catch.  Sorry for my confusion.  If
you
want to catch sinosc with zerox, you might try the following:

   // patch
   sinosc s1 => gain g => dac;
   // feed s1 into g as second input
   s1 => g;
   // feed s1 to zerox then blackhole, which sucks samples but doesn't
play them
   s1 => gain g2 => zerox z => blackhole;

I have updated the wiki with this method, which should be more robust
and
concise.

     http://wiki.cs.princeton.edu/index.php/ChucK_Program_Bad_VOSIM

Best,