Meta Boot Loader

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Apr 20 10:47:14 EDT 2000

Great.  I posted the original message because it seemed from the
documentation that the boot loader was expecting a file in some
(potentially proprietary) VxWorks format.  I was thinking that
the boot loader required a file which had to be built using VxWorks.

If the boot loader can load our code directly, this is just what we
want.  I guess we just need to get the details of the initial boot
loader.  For example, what is the format of the file it pulls over?
Where in memory is the image placed?  (i.e., where do we need to
link our text, bss, and data sections.)

-Scott