Meta Boot Loader

Raghunandan, Makaram makaram.raghunandan at intel.com
Thu Apr 20 10:32:38 EDT 2000

The VxWorks boot image that is on the Flash ROM of IXP1200 Evaluation system
does exactly what you need. The initial boot loader comes up initializes the
Chip, and, the Ethernet NIC. After that the full suite of VxWorks is pulled
over from the network. Now, in your case, you can use this method to load
your OS rather than the default file.
Another alternative is to use the Angel Debug Monitor that is also loaded on
the FalshROM. The ARM SDT (from ARM LTD.) can be used in conjuction with
this to load any program on to the StrongARM core.