UART interupts

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 11 09:14:08 EDT 2000

Perry Wagle writes:

> Has anyone gotten the UART interrupts to work right?

I haven't tried.  The only information I can give is that
I know the VxWorks bootloader runs with UART interrupts
enabled.  To use polled I/O, I have to explicitly disable
them:

#define UART_CR  0x90003800    /* UART Control Register Address     */
#define XIE      0x00000100    /*    Transmit interrupt enable bit  */
#define RIE      0x00000010    /*    Receive interrupt enable bit   */

void noUartInts(void)
{
   volatile unsigned long *ptrCR = (unsigned long *) UART_CR;

   *ptrCR &= ~(XIE | RIE);
}

(Since you stated that you got polled I/O to work, you are probably
already doing the same thing.)

My recommendation is to look through the code source from the
development CD-ROM.  It may have the source for the bootloader
which would include the interrupt enabling and handling code.

Hopefully, someone else on the list can give a more helpful
answer than mine.

Good Luck,
Scott