21440 Network Statistic Counters

Tammo Spalink tspalink at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jul 6 15:34:52 EDT 2000

Are these counters mapped to the memory locations specified in the
manual (21440 Datasheet Rev 2.0, Mar 2000)?

The manual gives per-counter offsets.  Then it says that these offsets
are relative to either 0x100 or 0x200.  If they are read at 0x100 the
counters are reset.

Regardless of where I read them or how often I read them, I always get
back the number "1" for all counters.  I am reading them as 32-bit
quantities.

I am using the following as the per-port absolute CSR offsets:

static uint32 Port_CSR_Addrs[] = {
    0x38400000,
    0x38401000,
    0x38402000,
    0x38403000,
    0x38404000,
    0x38405000,
    0x38406000,
    0x38407000,
};

I was hoping to use them to further diagnose my previously mentioned
problem.

Thanks,

Tammo