question regarding to Tornado software

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Fri Jun 30 16:10:00 EDT 2000

Pat writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have questions about the Tornado software. I am trying to run an example
> workbench project on the SA1200 hardware, the Ethernet Evaluation Platform.
> I am under the impression that I will need to boot the VxWorks before I can
> run my codes on the hardware. Therefore, the Tornado software is a must.
> Please clarify this.

No, the Tornado software is not mandatory.  We do not use it for
our development.

> To configure my system to run the uCos operating system, I will need to
> install the ARM software development toolkit to my host PC. Do I really
> need this?  Is only the VxWorks operating system sufficient enough to be
> used to run codes on the hardware?

After joining the list, you can look in the e-mail archive for the list
(instructions will arrive when you subscribe to the list).  I posted
instructions on how to take the current GNU tools and use the VxWorks
bootloader (but not the Tornado software) to load and run the code.

> I am not yet a member of this mailing list. My friend at Intel told me
> about it. Please let me know what I have to do to become a member.

To join the list, send e-mail to majordomo at cs.princeton.edu and include
the line "subscribe ixp1200" in the body of the message.  (The subject
line is ignored and may be blank.)

> In the meantime,  please make all replies be cc to me directly.

Done.

> Thank you in advance for your help,
>
> Petcharat  Suriyachai

To join the list, send e-mail to majordomo at cs.princeton.edu and include
the line "subscribe ixp1200" in the body of the message.  (The subject
line is ignored and may be blank.)

-Scott