How to Boot the Ethernet Evaluation System?

Tammo Spalink tspalink at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Mar 27 16:47:59 EST 2000

IXP1200 board and ethernet card are both in the correct PCI slots.

Using the dc0 device doesn't seem to make any difference at all.
Using the "@" command instead of the "l" command makes no difference
at all either.

Regarding FTP: I set the boot flags for TFTP, so I believe no
username/password should be needed.  Also, we never saw the box
generate a single packet, so I doubt this is it.  To be sure, we tried
with real FTP and no luck there either (with a username & passwd).
Yes scout-7 is running a TFTP server.

Is the boot prompt "n" command really supposed to fail?

Tammo

------- End of Forwarded Message