No subject

owner-ixp1200 at CS.Princeton.EDU owner-ixp1200 at CS.Princeton.EDU
Mon Mar 27 16:37:20 EST 2000

>From scott at CS.Princeton.EDU Mon Mar 27 14:59:06 2000
From: "Johnson, Erik J" <erik.j.johnson at intel.com>
To: ixp1200 at CS.Princeton.EDU
Subject: RE: How to Boot the Ethernet Evaluation System?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:57:10 -0800
Sender: owner-ixp1200

Here is what I know, maybe this will help (some of it just
repeats what you already know)

dc0 is the correct boot device (at least for the A-steppings of
the board, which is what I assume you have).  Make sure you have
the given NIC on the correct slot on the backplane provided
(it should be the farthest from the system slot where the
IXP1200 is).

just a sanity check: you are running a
ftp server on scout-7.  Also 128.xx.yy are all in the same subnet (or
else you need to set the gateway value).  There should be two other options
in
the vxworks boot loader one for username and password (these
should be for the ftp server and the home directory of this
user should be where the vxWorks binary is located).  I don't
see those in your print of the boot options, were they perhaps left
blank?  you can use anonymous, just fill that in as the username and
put the standard x at y password

I assume that if all of the above is okay, then the only other difference is
that I have never tried to load the image (then jump to the entry
point) on this board, I simply do it all with the @ command.

I can go and dump out our boot loader settings if needed.  Let me
know

erik