Trouble booting new ixp1200eb

Scott C. Karlin scott at CS.Princeton.EDU
Thu Nov 16 16:22:21 EST 2000

I just tried it with our department's anonymous FTP server.  It
didn't work, but the behavior was slightly different in that I
don't get a "Can't load boot file!!" message.  Instead, I quickly
get the boot prompt back:

[VxWorks Boot]: @

boot device          : eeE
unit number          : 0
processor number     : 0
host name            : ftp
file name            : /pub/people/scott/hw.coff
inet on ethernet (e) : 128.112.42.102
host inet (h)        : 128.112.136.11
user (u)             : anonymous
ftp password (pw)    : scott at cs
flags (f)            : 0x0
target name (tn)     : ixp1200a

BSP IXP Version: 1.0.1129, built on May 31 2000, 10:29:10
Early serial debug initialized
muxLoad

[VxWorks Boot]:

Tftp *should* work.  Here's what the VxWorks help command gives:

[VxWorks Boot]: h

 ?                     - print this list
 @                     - boot (load and go)
 p                     - print boot params
 c                     - change boot params
 l                     - load boot file
 g adrs                - go to adrs
 d adrs[,n]            - display memory
 m adrs                - modify memory
 f adrs, nbytes, value - fill memory
 t adrs, adrs, nbytes  - copy memory
 e                     - print fatal exception
 n netif               - print network interface device address
 $dev(0,procnum)host:/file h=# e=# b=# g=# u=usr [pw=passwd] f=#
                           tn=targetname s=script o=other
 Boot flags:
   0x02  - load local system symbols
   0x04  - don't autoboot
   0x08  - quick autoboot (no countdown)
   0x20  - disable login security
   0x40  - use bootp to get boot parameters
   0x80  - use tftp to get boot image
   0x100 - use proxy arp

available boot devices:Enhanced Network Devices
 dc0 eeE0

-Scott