debugging in hardware

Alok Kumar alok at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Nov 29 15:29:49 EST 2000

Hi,

I have run the reference design pfwd8_1f_16rx_6tx on hardware. I am
eventually successful in getting packets through it but here are some
problems I am getting. If anyone has any thoughts or comments on it,
please, let me know.

1. When I use the Intel's latest release (version 1.1),  the packets
greater than 64 bytes are not forwarded correctly. In version 1.0, there
is no such problem. I downloaded pfwd8_1f_16rx_6tx in both the cases.

2. When I try to debug code in hardware by inserting breakpoint to follow
the execution of code, it does not forward any packet but rather go to
some undesirable state. This problem happens in both the version.

If I use reference design of version 1.0 and do not insert any breakpoints
in code, I get packets forwarded as expected.

If anyone has successfully run reference designs from version 1.1 or
successfully followed code execution in hardware, please, let me know.

Thanks
Alok

Alok Kumar

Residence: