[ixp1200] question on radisys ENP-2505

Josh Fryman fryman at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 12 09:47:12 EDT 2002

hi all,

we've been tinkering with our ENP-2505.  on pg4 of the hw ref manual (nov 2001),
it documents two different modes of operating - hosted and hostless - controlled
by SW0201 bit 1.

however, in both contexts, it discusses how the ENP will interact with the
PC host via the PCI bus.

what is meant by hostless environment?  is this a standalone mode where the
ENP should be self-sustaining in a non-PC environment (eg, the old EVB
chassis)?  or does it mean something else?

we'd like to stick an ENP into an old chassis... if possible.

thanks,

-josh