[ixp1200] bridalveil+linux+peth+L3f

Istvan Matyasovszki istvan.matyasovszki at ul.ie
Fri Apr 19 10:22:28 EDT 2002

  Hi,

  I'm trying to run/debug the L3 forwarding reference design on
  an Bridalveil board (with driver ver. 1.4).
  The ue.o,peth.o,octmac.o,rs_udebug and rtmapp files
  are from IXA Kit ver 2.01 (as the ue.o supplied with the ramdisk conflicts
  with the latest rtmapp supplied with SDK 2.01).

  After starting the hardware debug from the ixp1200 developer
  workbench in about 5 seconds I either get a frozen bridalveil
  board

  (" Get Microengine Status failed due to remote service timeout.
     To proceed, stop debugging and reboot the chip.")

  and a frozen hub or an error from the board

  "Bad descriptor fffffb00, dropping outgoing packet
   pethFreeDescriptor: Bad descriptor fffffb00"

  and after a minute or so the board is frozen and the hub in which is
  plugged-in is frozen too.

  Could you please give me an advice ? Has anybody a working example
  that uses the L3f reference design ?

  Thank You
  -istvan