[ixp1200] rcv_rdy_lo with workbench vs without

Michael Burns mburns at lever.cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 6 19:04:45 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I've been having trouble using the workbench to run the ingress interface
aces (of the SDK) while debugging. I can successfully run the various
tutorials and the L3 forwarding ace without debugging them by using the
ixstart scripts with mode = 0. When I use mode = 1 and use the workbench
to debug, the microaces run as if no packets were being received.

Inspection of the code (and some added debugging routines) show that when
the workbench is not running, incoming data on ports 0-3 are reflected in
bits 0-3 of the rcv_rdy_lo CSR. However, if I use the workbench to upload
the code and run it, bits 8-11 of rcv_rdy_lo reflect the activity on
ports 0-3. This of course prevents packets from being received [the code
looks at ((rcv_rdy_lo >> port_num) & 1) for activity]. I'm pretty sure all
the variables/symbols are being patched correctly.

Does anybody have any ideas what could cause this discrepancy? I'm using
an ENP-2505 board with 4 100Mb ports. Thanks for any help.

-Michael Burns
UCLA LASR