[ixp1200] rcv_rdy_lo with workbench vs without

Michael Burns mburns at lever.cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 7 14:56:31 EDT 2002

Abhijeet,

You're absolutely right, my config_1200.cpp was setting it to BUS_SPLIT
mode based on the fact that it was an SI_BOARD. It's a little
disconcerting that it completely ignores the bus_mode parameter of the
system's board.h::ixp_board_config structure. I'd been looking yesterday
in the resource manager's microengine.c file which seems to program the
FBI after config_1200.cpp but somehow config_1200.cpp takes precedence. I
won't bother investigating that further though.

I hardwired the 64-bit setting myself and have gotten the count
application to work with the debugger. Hopefully there aren't any other
critical changes from the config_1200.cpp that you have. Incidentally,
where did you get this updated file for the ENP-2505 and are there any
other files (other than board.h) that need to be changed for proper
operation? Thanks again.