[ixp1200] Booting ENP-2505 IXP1200 Board

Nimit Sawhney nimits at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 21 12:07:02 EDT 2002

Hi Jo,

Maybe your system is not configured to run the script.
Try a manual boot instead of using 'bootixp'.

(1) Start minicom  on the Linux host and configure it
- the COM port to which your serial cable from the ENP2505 is hooked up
- baud rate 38400bps
- Databit 8 Parity N Stopbits 1
- flow control none
## You should see the message "Press any key to stop host download" in your
minicom window
(2) From the 'bin' directory under the ENP tree, type "./bootbv'' on the
linux host
## In the minicom window, you will see that the IXP1200 has booted
(3) In the minicom window, login as 'root'. You will not need a passwd
At the prompt, change the directory to /lib/modules and type "insmod
pciDg-arm.o"
## You will see some text appear on your screen
(4) On the linux host,
insmod pciDg.o
insmod pciDgNet.o
ifconfig eth1 192.168.0.4  ## this assumes u have a single NIC on your
machine -eth0
(5) In the minicom window,
insmod pciDgNet-arm.o
ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2

You should be able to ping b/w the host and the target now

cheers,
-Nimit