[ixp1200] Running Vera software on newer boards.

Christopher Adam Telfer telfer at cs.purdue.edu
Wed Jan 16 22:52:12 EST 2002

Hello,

We were considering trying to install the Vera software on ixp1200 boards we
recieved here at Purdue.  However, I noticed that the software was written for
the IXP12EB evaluation board.  We, however, are using Radisys ENP-2505 boards :
http://www.radisys.com/oem_products/ds-page.cfm?ProductDatasheetsID=1055&ms=General

Has anyone managed to get Vera compiled and run for this board?  Some notable
differences between the two seem to include a lack of jumpers and LEDs on the
Radisys board.  This board seems to use the same BootMgr, although it seems to
lack VxWorks.  (actually bad things seem to happen when you try to boot VxWorks)

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
 -- Chris Telfer
    Purdue University