[ixp1200] Running the microC compiler under Wine...

Christopher Adam Telfer telfer at cs.purdue.edu
Tue Jul 9 14:21:59 EDT 2002

Greetings all,

We have been trying to get the microC compiler from the IXA SDK to run under
Wine, but have hit a road block.  We have copied the uccl.exe, ixa_license.dll
and mcpcom.exe files into a Wine-accessable directory.

When we run:
wine -- uccl.exe -help

We get the appropriate help message:

Usage: uccl [options] file1 [file2 ...] [-link [linker_options]]
(etc...)

But when we run it with a file (any file) we get:
error: Your MicroEngine C Compiler installation is corrupt, please reinstall

Has anyone else tried running this under Wine?  Any success?  Any guesses
as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
 -- Chris Telfer
    Purdue University