[ixp1200] IXP1200 Resource Manager Questions

Najati Imam najati at netlab.uky.edu
Fri Jul 19 14:21:45 EDT 2002

I'm trying to get a few basic things working with the Resource Manager
without using the startup script. I can call RmInit, RmGetMemInfo, RmTerm,
and a few others succesfully. What I'm having trouble doing (I think) is
getting an image loaded on a microengine. I can call RmUengSetUofFile, but
can't figure out RmUengSetUcode; even after I call RmUengSetUofFile,
RmUengLoad fails. The code I'm using looks like

int main (int argc, char *argv[]) {
  char image_name[] = "HelloWorld.uc";
  char image_file_name[] = "HelloWorld.uof";

  int ports[] = { 0, 1, 2, 3};
  int ports_size = 4;

  RmUengConfig ueng_0_config;

  /* does this need to be called from
     somewhere else or with diff. params.? */
  ix_error_init (0, 0);

  ECK (RmInit ());
  ECK (RmSetPortConfig (ports, ports_size));
  /* set up ueng_0_config here, omitted here */
  ECK (RmUengSetConfig (0, &ueng_0_config));
  ECK (RmUengSetUofFile (0, image_name, RM_UCODE_OTHER, image_file_name));
  /* fails on the next line */
  ECK (RmUengLoad (0x1));
  ECK (RmUengEnable (1));

  ECK (RmTerm());
  return 0;
}

Whenever something fails the ix_error returned is 163840, I'm not sure if
thats meaningful or not. I've looked through the documentation and there
is nothing that has a decent amount of detail or examples of using these
calls. Of course, there's nothing on google about it either. If there is
some documentation somewhere (or some example code) I'll go peruse
it; otherwise, any help ou could offer or direct me towards would be
appreciated. Also, before running anything that uses the Res. Man. I call
'./ixa start' and ./ixlibace start' is there something else I need to do
before that?

Najati