[ixp1200] (no subject)

Rayashish at aol.com Rayashish at aol.com
Sat Mar 2 16:04:29 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/2/02 11:57:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
abhijeet at cs.utah.edu writes:

I am trying to setup the development environment for IXP 1200 EE board. I 've
gone through the document, which says:

There are two software development environments designed specifically for IXA
application developers.
1. The IXA SDK to develop IXA applications and to write code modules
     targeted for the IXDP1200 Advanced Development Platform.
    The IXA SDK runs on Red Hat Linux * 6.2 or Cygwin * (under Windows NT * )
    and is available on the IXA SDK distribution CD 1.

2. The IXP1200 Microengine Development Environment to write microcode
    modules (including those for microACEs) targeted for microengines on the
IXP1200.
   The IXP1200 Microengine Development Environment  runsWindows NT-4

I want to know if i can use RHL 7.2 for IXA SDK and Windows 2000 Pro
for  IXP1200 Microengine Development Environmen. Is it necessary to stick with
RHL 6.2 and WinNT-4?

Regards,
Ashish