[ixp1200] (no subject)

Abhijeet Joglekar abhijeet at cs.utah.edu
Sun Mar 3 23:03:16 EST 2002

> I want to know if i can use RHL 7.2 for IXA SDK and Windows 2000 Pro
> for  IXP1200 Microengine Development Environmen. Is it necessary to stick with
> RHL 6.2 and WinNT-4?

I am using SDK 2.0 on RHL 7.1 .

Since as of now I am only using the command line microcode assembler and
linker, I have installed in on my ME laptop (dont have easy access to a
Windows desktop). I then copy over the .uof files to the linux box in the
/opt/ixasdk/bin/arm-be directory as detailed in the Intel
Documentation. So as of now, dont need Win NT.

I think you would need NT (or 2000??) only if you plan to use the
microengine development environment for building the microcode files and
for debugging.

Hope this helps.

Try installing it on 2000 Pro and RHL 7.2 and let everybody know how it
goes :)

--abhijeet