[ixp1200] VERA on target (SA) linux

Charles Chiou cchiou at viosoft.com
Wed May 1 14:26:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am working on a project to adapt the VERA code (mainly the IPmm) to run
on IXP1200's strongarm Linux in big-endian. This way, there will be no PCI
interface to a Pentium host. I want to map the 8-port MAC controller to a
logical network device in the kernel and treat them as normal ethernet
devices. What is the best way to hook up (interrupt) to "packet receive"
in Libixprouter or Runtime, so that the driver can be noified when a
packet is avialable? Assumming that the cache table is empty and
everything is a miss requiring an external forwarding...

Thanks!

Charles