[ixp1200] Multiple newbie questions

Magesh Kannan magesh at ittc.ku.edu
Fri Sep 6 17:24:25 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I am trying to get started on learning to program the IXP1200 and have
some questions. I have access to the IXP1200 evaluation board and IXA SDK
2.0

1. IXA SDK 2.0 comes with a 60-day free trial of the Microengine C
compiler. However, there seems to be a bug in the installation program
that prevents me from installing the trial version. If I choose not to
enter a license key, the setup aborts without installing anything. Has
anyone faced this problem?

2. I am planning to get the Intel book "IXP1200 Programming". The examples
in the book are in Microengine C. Given the above problem with SDK 2.0, I
may not be able to install even a trial version of the Microengine C
compiler. What's the difference between Microengine C and the C used in
Vera? Will the book be useful in understanding (say) LibIXPRouter?

3. If I can get hold of the Microengine C compiler, will I be able to use
the IXP1200 evaluation board to run the examples in the Intel book?

Excuse me if some of these questions are a little off-topic.

Thanks for your help,
Magesh

Graduate Research Assistant
Information and Telecommunication Technology Center
The University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS