[ixp1200] Jump instruction in C compiler

xtan at mail xtan at csnet1.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn
Thu Sep 19 00:09:21 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,
	Problem has it that the C compiler does not support jump
instruction of ixp1200. Thus the switch-case statement will not gain
benefit from the jump instruction. As we know jump instruction with
'target' option token could easily depict the switch-case scenery which
means a better run time performance.
    But the C compiler does not allow this instruction. Currently I try
br=byte instruction instead, but the performance still not match. If
there are any methods I can generate the jump instruction (with target
token) in C environment?

Thanks
Zhangxi Tan
Dept. of CS Tsinghua Univ.