[ixp1200] Help

Roberto Maccaferri roberto at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 25 15:55:32 EDT 2002

I`m Roberto I work at  Computer Science Departement at UCLA, I am new about
this topic of  research and I have been started for a month, now I`m studing
the ixp1200.
I read the documentation "tutorial" and the "Developer`s guide" and the book
"ixp1200 Programming" but I have not the idea very clear.
I was able to compile and to run the example of the tutorial.
Now I would like to do something but I think the tutorial does not cover all
the aspect, like IDL call and the use of Resource Manager.
I also had some problem to compile the example of the bool chapter 11
when I compile, writing malke I recive the message:

tao_idl:not found
make[3]:***[source/idl/bridging_sk_c.c] Error 127

I ask if someone has other tutorial or some guides (made for internal
purposes) or some programs that I could use as example for better
understanding the ixp1200 functionaliti

Last question, I remember to have read (but I don`t remember where) that if I
don`t have the licence for Cmicrocode I can only compile tha programs for
only degud purpose. Is it right?

Thanks an advance for the reply

Roberto Maccaferri