[ixp1200] VMware Host-Only Mode

Jo Ueyama ueyama at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Wed Sep 25 11:45:20 EDT 2002

All,
	I can not run Vmware (host-only mode) properly, since whenever I
boot win2k from Linux host, Vmware starts detecting and installing new
devices again and again. Moreover, it can not carry out the installation
since an error occurs during the installation of the device, saying that
the 'data is invalid'. This happen for net card, video and ide controller
installation. Does it mean that my devices (net card, video and ide disk)
are not supported by Vmware?
	BTW, has anyone ever faced this such problem?
	Any hint/tip is quite welcome!

With Thanks,
-Jo